post written by our Advanced Business Development Advisor, Robert DiLoreto, now VP Sales US @MicroEJ
The key to explosive growth, shorter sales cycles and larger transactions is to target the C-suite. However, most of the selling methods you’ll see on the market do not talk about selling to the C-suite.
C-suite executives have a different perspective from management and operations people. They’re all about taking initiatives; they’re looking at a company wide view. But they’re also early adopters and risk takers, looking at the big pictures with big egos.
If you’re trying to sell your product/solution/technology to C-suite executives, you will have to follow a series of steps before closing it down:
- Identify your targets:
- which C-level exec.,
- which company
- –> Think Big!
- Research and confirm Key Initiatives:
- investor relations,
- analyst presentations,
- press releases,
- letter to shareholders
- Create the strategic reach-out email:
- Subject line must mention Key Initiative
- Opening statement “after reading a quote you made, …”
- General paragraph: how your product is uniquely positioned to address key initiative
- Next step
- Preparing and going through the initial conference calls
- Keep discussion at a high level –> Thought leadership
- Establish rapport and credibility
- Emotional versus Logical connection
- Next-step meeting and demonstration of your product/technology/solution
Want to know more? Contact us now!
Image by Daniel Kirsch from Pixabay