THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO MASTER YOUR BODY LANGUAGE AND BOOST YOUR SALES
Your arms are closed on your chest, you’re looking at your feet, you’re hiding your mouth. Your body is such a goldmine of information. What if you can learn how to master it and use it to boost your sales?
Here are a few tips:
#1 YOU ARE ON THEIR SIDE
You are here to help them and to create a win-win situation, a collaboration. You are not the enemy! To create trust, beware of the following:
- Eye contact – (you are not lying, you are not embarrassed). Keeping eye contact shows openness and consideration.. Americans look all the more directly in the eyes because they learn since kindergarten that not looking in the eyes is a sign of shyness and even weakness.
- Smile and Position of openness – (you don’t want to hurt them, you don’t have bad intentions). You will stand without crossed arms, or cross legs towards the other persons, not in the opposite direction.
- Mirroring – (you have the same vibe and you want to bond). You will mime others’ gestures and postures
- Feet pointing at the person (you are entirely committed to the person)
#2 YOU UNDERSTAND THEIR NEED
Act with Empathy and profound Interest
The others need to feel that you are involved, engaged, that you are interested and paying attention to what they say, to their problem.
- You should be leaning a bit forward (it shows your attention)
- Sustain eye contact , showing that you pay attention to what they express.
- Nod a little your head up and down, it means that you understand.
#3 YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX THEIR PROBLEM
Be Calm, Assertive & Optimistic
You want to show that you are strong and confident about what you are talking about. You know that you are right and have the answer to the problem, you also know that your product is the best one and you want to convey this idea to your buyers
- Relax man! – No need to be tensed, everything is easy and peaceful, you are not here to create issues but to solve theirs, that is what you want others to feel about your product. Don’t tighten your lips or frown because that could be perceived as opposition, creates tension and break trust.
- Speak loudly to show that you are not shy about what you are saying, and generally, Americans speak louder than French people.
- Take more space to show dominance. Do not forget, your product is the best! Others will be more receptive if they think you are a key influencer in your field!